Adult Small Group Studies
Jesus Christ calls His followers to an ever deepening knowledge and love of Him as well as growth in communion with one another in His Church. The Cathedral Parish offers a variety of Adult Small Group Studies to facilitate these two key aims of Christian discipleship. These small groups meet for a time of prayer, study of the Catholic faith, and discussion. Our hope is that as adults of our parish meet regularly with one another to pray, study, and discuss God's Word, they will come to know, love, and follow Jesus more closely as Catholics as well as form deepening friendships with others in the parish community.
Oremus: A Catholic Guide to Prayer
Wednesdays: February 8th - April 5th
7:00 - 8:30 pm
St. Patrick Church Hall
404 E. Main St
The Oremus study program teaches you the essentials of an effective and fruitful prayer life. Over the course of eight weeks you will discover how God speaks to you, even in the smallest encounters. Following the Tradition of the Catholic Church and the wisdom of the saints, you will learn how to express yourself to God in prayer, and how to hear his voice.
In Oremus You Will:
- Become aware of God’s presence in your life
- Discover the simple yet profound steps of Catholic prayer
- Learn how to respond to God and express yourself in prayer
- Discover how to hear God’s voice in Scripture, in your heart, and in ordinary moments.
- Learn how to overcome frustrations, distractions, and dryness in prayer.
- See that desolation and consolation are a normal part of everyone’s walk with God.
- Grow in your relationship with God and those around you.
Please contact Paul Kachelmeier, group leader, at email@example.com for more information or to register by February 1st! There is a $20 workbook fee that can be paid at the first session.
You may also contact Marc Laudonio, Director of Evangelization, at 257-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.