Visit of the Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Our Lady of Fatima
IHM School students, faculty, staff gather in Marian Hall in the school. Those wishing to join them, may do so. Others may wait in the church.
Procession of statue from church to school with KC's Honor Guard
Procession into school, around Marian Hall. Prayers recited: Angelus, Hail Mary
Procession continues from school back to the church. Everyone follows.
Marian hymns are sung during procession, led by Sisters of Mary, Morning Star.
Process into church. Placement of statue; Students present candles and flowers.
Crowning of Our Lady - Fr. Chad Droessler.
Those gathered will go to their pews and kneel.
Prayer of consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
10:30 – Talk by Patrick Sabat, Statue Custodian
10:45 – Blessing of Scapulars (Brown Scapulars – Our Lady of Mt. Carmel)
10:50 – Students and faculty are dismissed
11:00 – Exposition of Blessed Sacrament; Litany of Mary
11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Adoration and veneration of statue
Devotions are prayed at the start of each hour, silent prayer during remaining time
12:00 p.m. -Angelus and Rosary
1:00 p.m. –Marian Prayers (Memorare, Magnificat)
2:00 p.m. - Rosary
3:00 p.m. –Divine Mercy Chaplet
4:00 p.m. – Rosary
5:00 p.m. – Litany of the Saints (for Andrew Showers' ordination to the transitional diaconate)
6:00 p.m. - Angelus
6:30 – Benediction/Closing Prayer
7:00 – Closing procession with KC's Honor Guard
The Tour (March 20, 2016 – December 20, 2017)
The tour of the world-famous International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Fatima is a nation-wide call to prayer and penance for peace in our nation and conversion of hearts. That’s because prayer is more powerful than any army on earth. Our Lady promised, “in the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph.” The tour and your prayers will create an outpouring of grace to allow Our Lady of Fatima to claim her dominion over our country through her Immaculate Heart. The statue travels east of the Mississippi in 2016 and west of the Mississippi in 2017.
The world-famous International Pilgrim Virgin Statue (IPVS) of Fatima is one of two “twin” statues sculpted in 1947 by famous sculptor José Thedim. The image reflects the precise instructions of Sister Lucia (one of the 3 shepherd children who were visited by Our Lady at Fatima). Her desire was that the pilgrim image represent Our Lady’s position when she revealed herself as the Immaculate Heart to the children in 1917. Our Lady of Fatima through the Pilgrim Virgin Statue, set forth from Fatima in May, 1947 to claim her dominion and become the Pilgrim of the World, carrying first to devastated Europe after WWII the message of peace. (This first statue was retired and is on display at the Basilica of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal.)
On October 13, 1947 in the presence of some 200,000 pilgrims at Fatima, the second “twin” statue was blessed by the Bishop of Liera, Fatima, and commissioned to serve as the Pilgrim Virgin who would carry the blessings of Fatima throughout the world. The Bishop prayed that Mary herself accompany the statue wherever it goes. The purpose of the Pilgrim Virgin Statue tours was and still is to bring the graces of Fatima and Our Lady’s message of hope, peace and salvation to those many millions of people who may never have an opportunity to make a pilgrimage to Fatima itself.
On October 24, 1952, Pope Pius XII blessed the statue and imparted a special blessing on the work of the Fatima Pilgrim Tours. The statue has visited more than 100 countries, including Russia and China, bringing the great message of salvation and hope, “the peace plan from Heaven,” to countless millions of people. Many miracles and signal graces have been reported wherever the statue has traveled.
On September 1, 2014, the custody and mission of this world-famous statue was placed under the auspice of The World Apostolate of Fatima, USA – “Our Lady’s Blue Army,” and continues her journeys throughout the world with its principal statue custodian Patrick L. Sabat.
For more information, visit http://www.fatimatourforpeace.com/